My Mama made this for supper this week, and we had not had it in awhile... so it was sooooo good!
Such a delicious and awesome dish!
| Ingredients |
6 slices turkey or regular bacon
4 medium Russet potatoes
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup sour cream
Salt and Pepper
1-1/2 cup shredded cheese
1 bunch of green onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cook the turkey bacon (or regular bacon if you prefer) in the cast iron skillet.
- Remove the bacon from the skillet and saute the potatoes in the bacon grease for 5 minutes to 7 minutes, or until begin to soften.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and sour cream. Add salt and pepper and whisk that in too.
- Once the potatoes have softened some, pour the egg mixture over top and let cook on the stovetop for about 3 minutes, or until you see the eggs along the edges begin to set.
- Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the eggs in the middle have set.
- Add the shredded cheese to the top and then bake for another 5 minutes. Be sure to use a heavy duty oven mitt as the handle will be hot, hot, hot!
- Once the cheese has melted, remove the skillet from the oven. Let cool slightly before slicing.
- Slice and serve with green onion slices.