Monday, July 16, 2012

My nose stuck in a book!!!!

Do you snack while you read? If so, favorite reading snack: I usually snack on tortilla  chips or apples 

What is your favourite drink while reading? Water. Yes....


Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you? I usually don't write in books. The idea is not so much horrifying as it is just a bother to find a pencil to make the marks. That, and I have no need to write in books for there is never an excuse to change what the author says due to the fact that I enjoy it. In those cases which I disagree with the writing, I put the book down.


How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears? Laying the book flat open? No, no, no!! Never, never leave the book flat open! Just think of the damage one can do to the binding! I always do my best to use a bookmark.

Fiction, non-fiction, or both? both


Are you a person who tends to read to the end of a chapter, or can you stop anywhere? I like reading until the end of the chapter, but life doesn't ever want to wait for you to finish the chapter. And then at the end of that chapter you can't stop so you carry on Dash it all!


Are you the type of person to throw a book across the room or on the floor if the author irritates you? I've never thrown a book, although I have felt compelled to do so once or twice when the mood took me. 


If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop and look it up right away? Shamefully, no. I don't. I usually try to guess the meaning according to the context and continue on. Sometimes I'll look up the word later, but it's rare that I remember to find the dictionary. 


What are you currently reading? The Bible!!!!! I am trying to read the whole book!!





What is the last book you bought? I can't really remember
Do you have a favourite time/place to read? I like lounging on my bed to read, but as to time, I read whenever I find a spare moment. Actually, in reality, the most reading I've done recently is in the car. because I have been really busy with chores, school, siblings and ETC

Do you prefer series books or stand alones? Both. But it really depends on the type of story. I like long stories, whether they be split into a series or an individual book, but they must be well worth my time. 


Is there a specific book or author you find yourself recommending over and over? Austen, Dickens, Alcott, etc. I'm very much into the classics right now, and that's what I want everyone else to read. 


How do you organize your books? (by genre, title, author’s last name, etc.) By size!!!!!


Yours truly 

Marissa 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for visiting my blog! I love comments! Please don't use rude or inappropriate language! Thank you!

Have a great day and God bless

~Marissa